Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lunch in Catit

2 days ago, I had a lunch in Catit with a good friend. It was my first time there , after I heard many praises , and they were all right ; it was probably the best meal I've had in Israel , and it was just a lunch. I can't imagine how a dinner there would be. There were so much tastes and flavours in each course and the place and service were also wonderful.
and there was also a wine ..... Pichon Baron 1990.
I've had it for the first time in 2002, and it was one of the greatest wine memories i've ever had , and probably the first great Bordeaux I had. When I tasted it in 2002 it had an intense aroma of very ripe black fruits with some tobacco notes full bodied, leading to very rich and fruity palate with long, long finish (At least this is my memory).
This time it was quite different - young ruby colour, Aromas of wet stones, tobacco and some black sherries in the background that emerged from time to time. In the mouth it was medium to full bodied , very smooth and round, very elegant with a sweet flavours of fruits and well integrated wood , and long and sweet aftertaste. Overall it was an excellent wine, very enjoyable but my strong memories of the first bottle that was close to perfect caused me a slight dissapointment. Score (my friend agreed with me fully) : 94-95

No comments: